Community Safety

Ensuring that tenants and residents feel safe in their homes and neighbourhoods is a priority for WDH.

Working closely with our partner agencies such as the Police and local authorities to help tackle antisocial behaviour and crime is a very important part of our work in creating confident communities.

What is antisocial behaviour?

This is behaviour which causes annoyance, disturbance or distress that prevents people from enjoying their homes peacefully and quietly.

Please take the time to look through our respect section below to see what we think makes a good neighbour.

Examples of antisocial behaviour How to report antisocial behaviour

If you've been the victim of a crime

If you've been the victim of a crime or think you have witnessed one, you should report it to the police straight away. Your information could be used to prevent other crimes and help keep other people safe.

If you've been hurt in any way, or if you've just seen a serious crime being committed then you should ring 999 as soon as possible.

You should call 101 to report minor crime or other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example this could include property damage, or if you have suspicions over people involved with drug dealing in your neighbourhood.

If you want to report a crime but you do not want to be identified to the police then you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Crimestoppers will ask questions about the crime you have information on but will never ask questions about you.

Further support can also be provided by Victim Support Services.