Logout or return to tenant home page

Can I get insurance cover for my house contents?

Home contents insurance scheme for WDH tenants and leaseholders, pay weekly for cover

WDH doesn’t automatically insure furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage (such as burst pipes) so it’s really important that you think about getting home contents insurance.

You can arrange your home contents insurance through WDH’s contents insurance scheme with RSA.

It’s quick and simple to join, and it’s open to anyone who lives in a WDH property.  The cost can be paid weekly as part of your rent, or with your service charge if you are a leaseholder, rather than a lump sum.

A discounted rate is available to households where any tenant or leaseholder is over the age of 60.

Types of cover

If you choose Standard Cover, most of your household goods and contents, including pedal cycles, are insured in your home.  They are covered against loss or damage caused by specific events such as theft, fire and flood. It also covers lost or stolen keys, freezer contents, your own legal liability to the third parties and the cost of alternative accommodation.

You can add the accidental damage and personal belongings option to your policy for an additional cost.

For further details on what these options cover, and information on prices and the application process, please take a look at our Home Contents Insurance information and application form.

Alternatively, you can call OneCALL 0345 8 507 507.

You can also make your own arrangements with an insurance company of your choice.



insurance ; Home Contents ; RSA = Royal Sun Alliance