Logout or return to tenant home page

Can I decorate and make improvements to my home?

Home improvements and decorating your home.

There are home improvements you can make without our prior permission including papering the walls and painting the skirting boards, walls and ceilings. If you complete a Home Improvement application form, we can issue guidance notes for further information.

If you are an assured tenant, leasehold or shared owner, as long as you have our written permission, you can make alterations or improvements to your home.

If you are an Assured shorthold (starter) tenant, you do not have a statutory right to carry out improvements or alterations.  Reasonable requests from starter tenants to carry out improvements or alterations will be considered.  You must completed the relevant Home improvement application form below, for a decision to be made.

Visit the Improving your home page by logging into your tenant account for more information, if you have not yet registered for your online account you can register online now.

Tenant terms and conditions

Before carrying out any alterations / improvements to your home, contact us about any permissions you need, before completing the Home improvement application form below.

Application forms:

Tenants Home improvement application form

Leaseholder / Shared Owner Home improvement application form


Leasehold ; freehold ; home ; improvements ; alterations ; fix ; repair ; mend ; broken ; damaged ; fence ; fencing ; gate ; divide ; improvement ; improvement programme ; improvements ; Wakefield standard ; refurbish ; modernise ; rent arrears ; Decent Homes ; modernisation ; modernisation w ; can I have ; TV aerial ; fence ; Improvements