Logout or return to tenant home page

Do you have a handyman service?

Repair with Care service

Our Repair with Care service is available to tenants and residents, living in the Wakefield district, who do not have any immediate support and meet any of the following criteria.

  • Aged 66 or over.
  • Have a disability.
  • Recently left hospital.
  • Live in our independent living schemes, including surrounding apartments and bungalows that form part of the scheme.
  • Live in a designated disabled dwelling, regardless of their age.
  • Have one or more of the following vulnerability flags.

          - Registered blind.
          - Frail, Elderly.
          - Mobility.
          - Partially sighted.
          - Walking sticks or frame.

 Supporting our existing repairs service, our Repair with Care is available to help with small jobs.

  • Changing light bulbs.
  • Fixing catches on cupboard doors.
  • Putting up curtain rails, pictures, mirrors.
  • Moving furniture within the property.
  • Tacking carpets down.
  • Replacing gully grates.
  • Cleaning extractor fans.
  • Putting together flat pack furniture.
  • Minor repairs to rain water pipes and guttering.
  • Refixing loose items such as toilet seats.

If you are finding it difficult to do a job yourself and you live within the Wakefield district, please get in touch with either your Scheme Manager, Community Support Worker, Care Link or OneCALL 0345 8 507 507.

ageuk provide a Nationwide Handyperson service, (usually a charged-for service) for more information you can call the Age UK Advice Line on 0800 678 1602 8 am to 7 pm, every day of the year.


handyman ; home repairs ; maintenance ; fix