Logout or return to tenant home page

How do I get rid of a mattress / sofa / fridge?

Household waste and recycling

Wakefield Council are responsible for the collection and recycling of your household waste.

The council can help you if you:

  • need a bulky waste collections, such as a sofa or fridge;
  • need a replacement bin or recycling box, if it is missing or is stolen; or
  • spot fly tipping in your area and want to report it.

For more information on what items go in each of your recycling bins, visit Wakefield Council bins and environment, or call Wakefield Council Contact Centre on 0345 8 506 506.

For more information and ideas on how to recycle more go to Recycle Now.


mattress ; sofa ; fridge ; freezer ; bed ; settee ; TV ; recycle ; waste collection ; wheelie bin; dustbin