Logout or return to tenant home page

How do I report a nuisance or noisy neighbour?

Dealing with a nuisance or noisy neighbour?

We understand it can be difficult to pluck up the courage to talk directly to a neighbour about a problem they may be causing. 

Sometimes people are unaware they are causing a nuisance especially when it comes to noise and so a neighbour may just need reminding that their behaviour is upsetting you.

  • Try and approach your neighbour for a 'friendly chat' and discuss things in a calm and reasonable way.
  • Keep a record of all incidents including date, time, what happened and details of anyone else involved.
  • Please do not retaliate as this may result in complaints being made about you.
  • If the other person is unreasonable, just walk away - do not get involved in an argument.

If the problem remains unresolved, you can report nuisance behaviour to us in the following ways:

  • Phone OneCALL 0345 8 507 507 (lines are open all day, every day).
  • Visit our Wakefield or Pontefract Hub.
  • Through our online antisocial behaviour form

As your landlord we will investigate allegations of nuisance or antisocial behaviour and deal with the complaint appropriately and in confidence.

More information is available by logging in to your online account and visiting our Community Safety web pages.



noise ; music ; nuisance ; dogs ; barking ; youths ; drinking ; alcohol ; drugs ; complaint ; harassment ; threats