Stay fire safe at home

Published 6 February 2018

House fires are becoming more common and every year over half of accidental domestic fires in the UK are caused by electricity.  Most of these are caused by electrical products, either through misuse or faults. Over half of these electrical fires start in the kitchen, with cooking appliances and white goods as the main cause.

However, candle fires are also increasing due to the popularity of using scented candles and wax melts in the home.
We have provided you with some simple tips for how to stay fire safe at home.

Back to top