Teams across WDH have been recognised for their outstanding commitment. We received a
number of awards and accreditations including national wins at the UK Housing Awards,
the Resolve Antisocial Behaviour (ASB) Awards and multiple awards for our commitment
to gas safety. Cash Wise was reaccredited by Business in the Community and supported
its 2,000th participant, and we were reaccredited by Tpas (tenant engagement experts)
for the fourth time over 12 years.
We have continued to build and strengthen our partnerships across the district to deliver
services that benefit the region. Our joint venture, Bridge Homes, has had another
successful year, selling all properties at its first development, at St Swithins,
Wakefield and beginning work at its second site, ThornesGate, Wakefield.
Our partnership work with Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) continues to deliver
successful outcomes and we will be expanding our wellbeing services across our independent
living schemes this year.
As we look forward, we will continue to invest more broadly within our defined area of
economic activity, developing new homes for rent and sale, and providing more and
We strive to continually improve our services by making sure our work mirrors tenants' priorities.
These priorities are chosen following extensive consultation and engagement, along with feedback from our
Tenant Survey. Priorities chosen to focus on last year were:
to deal with
The way we manage nuisance
and antisocial behaviour
Among the actions already undertaken, we have:
- Introduced an Institute of Customer Service qualification for frontline employees and all managers have attended Customer Service Leadership training.
- Launched the WDH App to enable customers to self serve digitally.
- Developed a mobile responsive Homesearch website.
- Introduced text messages to customers with repairs information.
- Empowered front line employees to provide first time resolutions.
- Worked closely with West Yorkshire Police and other partners to address issues of nuisance and antisocial behaviour, ensuring tenants are kept up to date.
92% Satisfaction with our services
91% Satisfaction with repairs and maintenance service
91% Satisfaction with the overall quality of their home
85% Satisfaction with rents representing good value for money