For WDH, the past year has been one packed with success. We were recognised across the sector with a number of awards and accreditations including wins at both the National Home Improvements Council Awards, for our commitment to Gas Safety, and the Resolve ASB Awards, for our partnership efforts supporting tenants with mental illness. Cash Wise was reaccredited by BiTC and supported its 2,000th participant and we were reaccredited by TPAS for the fourth consecutive year.
In the year we have reached our 12th Anniversary we have also celebrated a number of other key milestones. Our Homesearch service has been in existence for 10 years (as long as the iphone), helping to rehouse over 25,000 applicants, and the Hub in Wakefield turned three years old, having supported over 64,000 people to access our services and over 21,500 to access our digital suite.
This year was a significant one for our digital services. We improved our online tenant account areas, we introduced our mobile app and, as a business, we embarked on a journey to ‘go digital’, removing over 5,000 paper documents from filing cabinets across the district and beginning to introduce an Enterprise Resource Planning system to the organisation.
Who said digital would not catch on!
As we move into our even luckier for some thirteenth year, we face the same challenges as other Housing Associations across Britain. However, as I look back on how much we continue to achieve year-on-year I am filled with pride and confidence that we can go forward to deliver even more.
This year we have successfully secured a £15 million grant through the Homes and Communities Agency and with it we will invest in developing 500 Shared Ownership homes between now and 2021. This is on top of our plans to build and acquire 300 affordable homes every year to 2020. We have lots ahead of us but I for one am looking forward to the challenge and looking back on what we’ve achieved this time next year.”
Other great achievements this year:
- Arches Housing and Incommunities joined the Northern Shared Services (NSS) cost sharing group.
- Our Vanguard partnership was featured by BBC Radio 4, highlighting the great work going on at our Croftlands Extra Care Scheme to reduce isolation and admission to hospital and residential care homes.
- WDH is recognised as a Dementia Friendly organisation.
- Over 10,000 votes were cast in our annual Love Where You Live Awards, with almost 8,000 being cast online.
- All homes at Bridge Homes’ first development at St Swithins sold and we began work at ThornesGate.