Back to top
WDH

News

Fire prevention is key at Horsefair

Published 26 September 2014

WDH tenants gathered to watch a flaming hot demonstration in Pontefract, to help raise awareness of the dangers of chip pan fires.

Horsefair Flats and the surrounding area are hot spots for fires caused by chip pans so

West Yorkshire Fire Service, in conjunction with WDH and West Yorkshire Police, have driven this campaign to help reduce them.

Free Home Fire Safety Checks were also carried out in all local flats, to help reduce electrical fires which can start from appliances such as washing machines and tumble dryers.  The Pontefract area is statistically high for this type of fire and local people were advised not to leave these appliances on when leaving the house.

Karina Gonzalez, West Yorkshire Fire Service District Prevention Assistant, said: “The demonstration was about raising awareness of the dangers of chip pan fires, how to put them out correctly and how to prevent them from happening.”

Natalie Guy, WDH Tenant Involvement Officer, said: “It’s a great opportunity to demonstrate how important fire safety and prevention is.”

 

 

 

 

 

Tags :

Navigation and search